Invisalign® provides the most discreet way to straighten your teeth. It is also an extremely predictable and reliable system, with over 10 million patients treated worldwide and backed by more than two decades of research and innovation.
Invisalign® has revolutionised the way we, as dentists, can move your teeth to give you the smile you have wished for and which you deserve. Smiling makes us, and those around us, happy.
We should all feel confident in our smile and here at Cambria we want to help our patients achieve just that. Using the latest intra-oral scanning technology (iTero scanner), we are able to plan your Invisalign® treatment in minutes, in the least invasive and most comfortable way (no dental impressions needed).
Key benefits of Invisalign® include the fact that the aligners are:
- Virtually invisible
- Most patients state that their work colleagues are unaware that they are having treatment to straighten their teeth because the aligners are so discreet.
- You can eat, drink and enjoy special occasions without affecting your treatment journey. No foods are off limits. There are no metal wires or brackets that can get damaged with certain foods and no changes to your toothbrushing and flossing routines.
To arrange a free, no-obligation Invisalign consultation, please provide your details below.
- Using advanced 3D computer-imaging technology, Invisalign builds a complete treatment plan based on your Invisalign Provider’s prescription: from the initial position of your teeth towards the final desired position. Then a series of clear aligners are custom-made for your teeth to move them a little at a time.
- Each aligner is worn for 1-2 weeks before being replaced by the next in the series, gradually moving towards the projected final position.
- Invisalign aligners move your teeth through a series of carefully controlled movements. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign treatment controls the amount of movement that each aligner delivers and the time when the movement of each tooth takes place so that only certain teeth can move at each particular stage. This results in an efficient force delivery system – a lower but more constant force than that delivered by metal braces but which is just right for achieving the smile you want in a safer and more predictable treatment modality.
- The treatment time depends on your specific needs and will be decided by your Invisalign Provider. Most treatments will take between 6-18 months.
- At your initial consultation, your Invisalign Provider will discuss what you don’t like about your smile and what you hope to achieve through Invisalign® aligner therapy.
- At the same appointment, photographs and an intra-oral digital scan of your teeth will be taken using our iTero scanner (no need for dental impressions).
- Using advanced computer technology, this information will be used to generate a 3D simulation of how your final smile could look.
Invisalign® clear aligner therapy involves a number of regular appointments over a period of 6-18 months. These can broadly be divided into Planning, Treatment and Retention stages.
- Planning appointments
- We usually require two appointments for treatment planning:
- Initial consultation, where we discuss with you how Invisalign works and how it can help you achieve the smile you want. At this appointment we also collect all the information required to plan your treatment.
- At the Clincheck® appointment you will be able to see a detailed digital simulation of the entire treatment, your Invisalign provider will discuss the details of each stage and you will have a chance to ask any questions about your treatment.
- Treatment appointments
- We will arrange to see you every 4-6 weeks to scan and assess treatment progression and provide you with the next set of four aligners
- Retention phase
- Once we achieve the smile you want we will provide you with Vivera® retainers which will need to be worn full time for 6 months. During this time we will continue to see you every 8-12 weeks for up to 6 months to ensure that your treatment is stable.
- The aligners should be worn for 20 to 22 hours a day for best results.
- Treatment cost starts from £2,500. This covers all the treatment appointments outlined above as well as including 3 sets of Vivera®retainers (worth £350).
- Payments are spread over the course of treatment.
- For more information contact us to arrange a free, no obligation Invisalign® consultation and find out how you could get the smile you have always dreamed of.
- The aligners are removable so you can still fully enjoy the taste of your favourite food and drinks. To achieve the desired result within the predicted time frame you will need to commit to wearing your aligners at all times except when eating, drinking, brushing and flossing your teeth.
- The aligners are made of smooth thin material and are not harmful to the inside of your mouth. However it is normal to feel some pressure during the first few days after changing to a new aligner. This is a good sign, as it shows that the aligners are moving your teeth.
- Yes, it is important to look after your aligners in order to keep them clean and effective. Your Invisalign® provider will explain this to you when he/she hands out your first four sets of aligners.
- We recommend wearing the retainer/s full time for 6 months and then every night thereafter.
- At Cambria we include complimentary Vivera® retainers (worth £350) as part of our treatment because we believe that these are an essential part of treatment maintenance. Without retainers there is a very high risk of your teeth relapsing back into their original position.